DO YOUR PART!
"DO YOUR PART!" in the fight against COVID-19
We all have a role to play in protecting our community and helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) here on the island. We encourage the community to stay informed, be prepared, be smart and be safe as we fight COVID-19 (Coronavirus) together.
Please find some tips below on simple ways how you can help to prevent the spread of this contagious virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or with an alcohol-based hand rub. These essentials will kill viruses that may be on your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Your hands touch many surfaces that can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, your hands may transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth which can then enter your body and make you sick.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Also, be sure to cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow. Following good respiratory hygiene like this will protect people around you from viruses.
- Disinfect surfaces at home and at work. We can pick up the COVID-19 by touching surfaces that are contaminated by it. Regularly disinfecting surfaces is one of the ways to help prevent the spread.
- Practice Social Distancing by minimizing your contact with others and staying away from people. If someone coughs or sneezes, they may spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain virus. The best way to protect yourself is to stay away.
- Avoid large gatherings of more than 50 people. When people are put together in large groups, the chance of the virus spreading is increased. Avoiding gatherings like these, is essential to avoid the spread of the illness.
We encourage everyone to continue practicing preventative measures at home, work and throughout the community.
This too shall pass! We are SXM strong & resilient!